The drugmaker revealed part 2 of its plan not to pay doctors to speak on GSK's behalf: it will make them employees.
ProPublica says drugmakers have slashed speakers' budgets.
The company will still fund clinical research.
With a new era of transparency for doctors and life science manufacturers kicking off today, here's how some organizations are keeping physicians informed.
With a clear buffet exemption in-hand, the agency's position with respect to CME meals seems pretty clear. Industry is pushing for more clarity around the treatment of accrediting bodies.
Medical science liaisons will educate nuclear-medicine clinicians as part of the launch of a new Navidea diagnostic agent for use in breast and skin cancer.
Sales slipped 9% during the quarter, compared to the same period last year, but analysts zeroed in on if and when the company will split and how arthritis pill Xeljanz will tackle Europe.
The Swiss drug maker is defending itself against two civil fraud lawsuits filed within a week of each other.
Business briefs: Reps mum on adverse events; FCC's new mHealth director; med schools tighten speaking limitsApril 11, 2013
A study finds sales reps find time to talk benefits, but not risks, even when touting black-box drugs; FCC has named its new mHealth director; pharma scaled back its food budgets last year; and AMSA says 18 med schools now ban faculty from speakers bureau participation
What will become of Dollars for Docs after the Sunshine provisions go into effect? We asked Charles Ornstein, who told us what's next for the project.
CMS issued its long-delayed final rule for collecting data on industry payments to physicians, ordering data collection to begin in August and asserting that the federal law preempts state laws.
As the Massachusetts Department of Public Health deliberates the exact shape of a rule change allowing industry-sponsored meals for physicians in speaker programs, pharma foes and industry advocates are squaring off over the definition of "modest meals and refreshments."
- BI and Lilly face a new challenge: how to market a diabetes drug to cardiologists
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Matt Brown leaves Guidemark Health after merger falls through
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- GSK and Propeller Health's smart inhaler aims to improve adherence in clinical trials
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- There's no such thing as gay blood, says campaign from FCB Health