However, the rate of drug spending slowed compared to last year, according to an analysis by the CMS.
A new study found that orphan drug spending will slow through 2018; senators open inquiry into Mylan; Shires launches branded campaign
The FDA expands use for Pfizer's Prevnar 13 vaccine; an FDA panel votes in support of Novartis biosimilar; U.S. healthcare spending rises 5.5% in 2015
Rising healthcare costs, coupled with high-profile stories of price gouging at some small pharmaceutical companies, have left consumers feeling ripped off
Total medicine spending surged to $424.8 billion in 2015, representing an increase of 12.2%. Here's why that growth figure is closer to 2.9%.
Drugmakers spent 20% more on DTC ads in 2015 than in 2014. Eli Lilly was the top spender, shelling out $220.4 million to promote Cialis, its erectile dysfunction drug.
Healthcare spending rose in 2014; Publicis reorganizes its agency network; proposed New Jersey bill would punish drugmakers that move abroad
Specialty medicines will keep drug spend trending upward through the next five years.
Purdue withdraws plans to participate in FDA meeting on painkillers; Allscripts takes 10% stake in NantHealth in advance of IPO; union advocates to end pharma support for CME
Americans spent 13.1% more on prescription medications in 2014 than they did in 2013, but recent launches indicate competition in the specialty drug space is going to heat up.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016