The company refutes a Financial Times rumor that one was happening soonish.
The company plans to spin off its pharmaceutical unit.
The company, which expects a 9% to 10% sales jump in 2014, says it will split into two independent companies by the middle of next year.
The company said it may use Phase II data of a breast cancer drug for FDA review, part of an earnings presentation that also included its perspective on what a pre-2017 breakup would take.
An analyst notes that early Phase III results in a psoriasis clinical trial could change the drug's efficacy profile. It could also fill out the financial potential of a standalone innovative unit, should Pfizer divide.
Analyst Seamus Fernandez writes that Merck needs to undergo a deep overhaul, continuing the summer narrative that has enveloped Pfizer and Novartis.
The company said Monday it was putting up walls among its businesses and will begin financial reports for each of them starting in January. The key: each has its own emerging markets business unit.
Onyx says no to Amgen bid, yes to other options; Pfizer/BMS may be able to expand Eliquis appeal; Covidien officially divides into two.
The pharmaceutical behemoth is betting at least $650 million on the Aragon Pharmaceuticals Ph. II drug.
Pfizer seeks full Zoetis split, Novartis gets another NICE Lucentis indication, BI tussles with the FDA and Elsevier names a Cleveland Clinic doc EIC
The Pfizer chief told investors that the company will provide "transparency" on its new and established products businesses, with a view toward a possible Abbott-esque spinoff down the road
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016