Gilead reportedly avoiding paying billions in taxes; Merck plans to cut R Sage's treatment for postpartum depression meets trial goal
Copaxone sales rise despite generic competition; Valeant to defend tax strategy; Bristol-Myers Squibb to test Opdivo with mogamulizumab in the US
GSK is set to announce US job cuts this week, sales reps are getting the axe in China, and the FDA has rejected Avanir's inhalable migraine medication.
AbbVie's board is encouraging shareholders to kill the Shire acquisition, and analysts say a breakup would still leave Shire in a strong position.
AbbVie is thinking about modifying or walking away from its offer to buy Dublin's Shire. A breakup would cost the Illinois company over $1.6 billion.
Jilted Salix acquisition target Cosmo Pharmaceutical is headed for the Emerald Isle.
Ireland plans on closing off a tax advantage but pharma does not appear to flinch.
Salix-Cosmo tax-inversion deal quashed, chronic heart failure market set to expand, rising generic drug prices get lawmakers' attention, NICE gives leukemia drug a thumbs-down, FDA has a good rep
Inversion rules have Medtronic asking for a Covidien do-over, Roche's Perjeta has "unprecedented success," while AstraZeneca's Iressa does not.
Political furor over the recent spate of tax inversions is having little influence on how the government chooses its partners.
The Illinois company says it is keeping the US as its home base, which means no inversion benefit.
The deal includes a $1.6-billion fee if AbbVie tries to walk away.
Shire and AbbVie's courtship has entered round five. A deal would offer AbbVie tax relief, and possibly make it an acquisition target.
Abbott and Mylan are setting up a generics business. The all-stock deal will give some branded generics a new home and offer Abbott a tax benefit that will increase over time.
Salix Pharmaceuticals joins the tax-inversion migration by purchasing Cosmo Technologies.
- BI and Lilly face a new challenge: how to market a diabetes drug to cardiologists
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Matt Brown leaves Guidemark Health after merger falls through
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- GSK and Propeller Health's smart inhaler aims to improve adherence in clinical trials
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Women in senior industry roles improve connections with patients, execs say