Third parties key to cred: survey

Share this article:

Consumers are skeptical of pharma participation in social media, but endorsements by government and nonprofit organizations add credibility, according to an Epsilon survey.

The survey of 1,350 US consumers found that four in 10 Americans uses social media for health information, whether reading or posting. The vast majority of those—80%—are “highly engaged patients who take an active role in health management.” Reaching that remaining 20% requires different strategies. The survey found that respondents engaged social media to fulfill emotional needs for reassurance, support and a sense of intimacy from others.
Share this article:
You must be a registered member of MMM to post a comment.
close

Next Article in Features

Email Newsletters

MM&M Future Leaders


Register now

Early bird $1,950 before 31 October 2014

*Group discounts available on request 

MM&M EBOOK: PATIENT ACCESS

Patient access to pharmaceuticals is a tale of two worlds—affordability has improved for the majority, while the minority is hampered by cost, distribution and red tape. To provide marketers with a well-rounded perspective, MM&M presents this e-book chock full of key insights. Click here to access it.

More in Features

Read the complete October 2014 Digital Edition

Read the complete October 2014 Digital Edition

Click the above link to access the complete Digital Edition of the October 2014 issue of MM&M, with all text, charts and pictures.

Predicting your pink slip

Predicting your pink slip

Any time a firm needs to save money, high-salaried executives are targets

Private View: New ways to engage with customers

Private View: New ways to engage with customers

These healthcare social media campaigns successfully use emotion, altruism and the human desire to "brand" oneself to get customers engaged.