In 2011 the drugmaker spent $9.4 million on branded ads for the EpiPen. By 2015, branded ad spending hit $43 million.
Executives attending Cannes Lions Health weigh in on the imbalance seen in the U.S. between branded and unbranded drug ads.
A rundown of MM&M at Cannes, and five burning questions heading into the Lions Health festival and awards.
The unbranded campaign won the top prize at the 2015 Lions Health festival in Cannes.
Pfizer brand teams competed in a shark-tank style challenge, with the winning teams receiving funding for their ideas.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, March 20, 2017
- Novartis aims to bring first oral asthma drug to market in two decades
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Drugmakers target severe asthma patients with biologics, but payers raise pricing issue
- 2017 Healthcare Marketers Trend Report: All the data in one place
- Infographic: What's next for the point of care market
- Drugmakers again boost DTC spending, to $5.6 billion in 2016
- Publicis Health formalizes new name, promotes 3 execs
- Digital IDs become focus as drugmakers seek to track doctors' behavior online