The idea is that each gets some of what it needs. Payers gain some control over cost, and pharma may get to stay on formulary.
But have pharma and payers learned enough from earlier pilots to make modern risk-sharing deals work?
The AMA votes in favor of value-based drug pricing; Amgen says insurers are balking at PCSK9 inhibitor prices; docs aren't focused on prices when prescribing
Gilead CEO talks drug pricing; multiple-sclerosis drugmakers study the overall cost of care; Biden launches national cancer database
Cigna signs value contracts for new cholesterol drugs; Yelp partners with ProPublica for hospital reviews; ad-blocking threat to digital publishers intensifies
The formula's pretty simple: Be sure you can defend your drug's value proposition, without blushing, says BioPharma Alliance's Mike Luby.
Experts say Afrezza's tepid launch may have more to do with value proposition than product positioning.
- MAHF honors Abbate and Lazur, Future Famers
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Almost one-third of programmatic ads violate IAB guidelines, study finds
- Why Pharma Refuses to See Value in 'Influence'
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, February 22, 2017