We need to help our health systems and healthcare companies function like agile start-ups
It is not enough to just have a killer black book or Rolodex. The market needs agile, swift marketing
Give the cool 20% of your audience cool stuff, like apps. Relate to the other 80% in ways that are less cool
A level of trust happens when you have an in-person relationship that just can't be recreated online
Agencies must generate emotional resonance with the target audience, not unlike Apple, Pepsi or Nike
Don't waste another minute or dollar on your brand standards manual. It's painfully irrelevant
The new information age in which we live has made it unnecessary for patients to "live in the dark"
Digital collaboration platforms make it convenient for pharma and thought leaders to engage
You have to approach quality assurance as an intrinsic part of the process, not an afterthought
Specialty brands ignore more than 50% of the specialists they serve, so 50% of the audience is wide open
Does a health psychology approach hold the key to Rx adherence? In MM&M's latest Leadership Exchange Uncut eBook, industry stakeholders from the payer, provider, academic and pharma realms explore the "why" behind medicine taking. Access here.
- Novartis psoriasis drug approval could upend market
- Sandoz gets ready to make the biosimilar case with oncologists
- Guidemark Health jumpstarts rebrand, brings on big-agency grad
- MM&M's 5 minutes with: Mark Rothera, chief commercial officer, PTC Therapeutics
- Nurse practitioner workforce has just about doubled