In the wake of MD Anderson's costly failure with IBM's Watson supercomputer, a Watson backlash brewing in biopharma may lead to a moment of reckoning in life sciences.
A high-profile cancer track commands attention, while wearables and IBM Watson Health come under fire.
Audit says MD Anderson Cancer Center mismanaged Watson partnership; Icahn takes stake in BMS; Sarepta sells priority review voucher to Gilead
The internet strongly agrees there's an artificial intelligence revolution going on, and it's come to pharma marketing.
Regeneron and Pfizer CEOs argue about the industry's reputation; Mylan CEO defends the EpiPen; Pfizer and IBM to partner on cancer immunotherapies
With a lead role in IBM Watson's bold gambit to transform healthcare, Kathy McGroddy-Goetz ranks as one of the enterprise's most important individuals.
Soon, IBM says, Watson will be used by one particular pharma company to create a website where, once a drug is prescribed, patients can ask questions in their own words and the website will provide answers in near real-time.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- In Merck video, woman says a cure is the greatest invention
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, April 24, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, April 19, 2017