Fueled by innovation in new treatments, the underserved women's health market has begun to turn the proverbial corner. What took it so long?
Amgen's osteoporosis drug Prolia is the category leader, projected to bring in $992 million in sales in 2016.
"The Period Shop" is the first effort in a multi-year "Period Projects" campaign.
Prior to Medicines360's arrival on the scene, there were only three IUDs on the market. The lack of competition drove prices sky-high.
Sprout plans to hire 200 sales reps, targeting 30,000 doctors, to accompany the drug's launch.
The FDA said Kim Kardashian West's promotion of morning-sickness pill Diclegis misbranded the product by understating its risks.
Novartis appeals the ban on its biosimilar Zarxio; AbbVie petitions for distinct biosimilar labels; Sanofi will study Toujeo in a real-world setting
A court halted the launch of Sandoz's biosimilar; GSK said it is concerned about Advair competition in the US; an FDA panel is expected to vote on a female sexual disorder drug
A deep dive by the think tank Center for Talent Innovation indicates pharma and payers need to widen their definition of health when communicating with women.
Panelists at a healthcare innovation conference said clinical research and local physician practices need to do more for women's health.
AARP researchers found that the celebrity's decision to go public triggered a surge in genetic screening.
The FDA approved the breast cancer drug Tuesday afternoon. Estimated peak sales: $3.8 billion.
The FDA told Pfizer that it isn't bothering with a committee review for the experimental breast cancer drug Ibrance (palbociclib). The part two news exciting investors: Pfizer and the FDA are already talking labels.
The new approach shows "The Talk" has a sequel.
The drugmaker shared early-trial results for its PD-1 among hard-to-tread triple-negative breast cancer patients and announced an effort to see if the drug can help patients overcome treatment resistance.
An Italian court backs the anti-trust's stand that Novartis and Roche colluded in Lucentis marketing; AstraZeneca is the test case for the court's new interpretation of pay-for-delay; early-stage results prompt Biogen Idec to take its experimental Alzheimer's treatment to Phase-III.
United Healthcare's Baby Blocks app seeks to become all-in-one hub for expectant moms and their babies.
The industry-supported group WomenHeart launched a heart failure awareness campaign Wednesday, as well as a push for gender-specific research.
The FDA will vote for or against the breast cancer drug by April 13, 2015.
The drugmaker is poised to cut 14 pipeline projects loose.
A proposal by the Obama administration Friday seeks to keep contraception accessible and coverage approval at arm's length for employees of religious non-profits.
The regulator and patients will chat for two days in October.
The company is calling the move a withdrawal, as opposed to a recall.
It's the second for this cancer drug in two weeks.
HPV testing provides an edge over Pap screenings when it comes to detecting cervical cancer risk.
The American College of Physicians says most women do not need an annual pelvic exam. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists disagrees.
An FDA advisory panel voted 11-2 against an accelerated approval for AstraZeneca's experimental PARP inihibitor. The panel recommends getting more data before giving the drug the all-clear.
A coalition of organizations, including pharmaceutical company Sprout, kicked off a campaign urging the FDA to pay as much attention to women's sexual dysfunction needs as it does to men's.
The post-Chapter 11 pharmaceutical company unveiled its new name Thursday.
Its "Beauty is Bone Deep" campaign looks at beauty from the inside.
- McCann Health forms new global consultancy
- Alexion uses superheroes, social media to raise rare-disease awareness
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, September 19, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- When it comes to professional ads, print makes its comeback
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- The FDA approves Amgen's biosimilar version of Humira
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, September 23, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Drug Pricing Will Be a Key Issue, Whether Clinton or Trump Win the Election
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation uses Facebook to recruit Ashkenazi Jews for Parkinson's study