The End of CME as We Know It
- Given the current climate, how do you assess the value of industry's (and specifically your company's) investment in medical education?
- What changes in the CME system would make industry's (and your company's) investment more productive?
- Fostering education focused on fixing actual gaps in care by moving from credit hours to competence and performance assessment;
- Increasing support of regional needs to better enable healthcare professionals to improve patient care; and
- “A requirement for healthcare professionals to be individually assessed, via means including but not limited to self-assessment, feedback, and chart pulls [so as to] enable their continuing professional development to be based on gaps in competencies that are required for the job.”