Alex Gorsky is chairman and CEO of Johnson & Johnson.
1. Johnson & Johnson said the list price for its prescription drugs rose less than 10% each year for the past five years. The drugmaker previously said it planned to disclose price increases going forward. (AP)
2. Kite Pharma’s experimental CAR-T therapy met the main goals in a mid-stage trial as a treatment for aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma. It plans to submit the drug’s application to European regulators later this year. (Reuters)
3. Healthcare providers are changing the way they communicate with patients, in an effort to better involve patients in their healthcare decisionmaking. Providers and researchers are designing decision aids, translating medical jargon into simpler language, and sharing doctor’s notes with patients. (WSJ)
4. A HIV-positive man in the U.K. created a grassroots information site about taking Gilead Sciences’ Truvada for pre-exposure prophylaxis. One researcher attributed the double-digit decline in new diagnoses among gay men in London to his work. (BuzzFeed)
5. The FDA granted priority review to an experimental drug developed by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries to treat tardive dyskinesia, a disorder that causes patients to have repetitive and uncontrollable movements. The decision date is August 30. (Reuters)