1. The FDA approved Valeant Pharmaceuticals International’s Siliq, a new treatment for people with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis. The drug has a black-box warning. (Reuters)
2. The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America is conducting a review of its membership criteria, following criticism of member companies making egregious drug price hikes. (Axios)
3. Cannes Lions Health named June Laffey, executive creative director of McCann Health in Australia and Southeast Asia, as this year’s pharma jury president. Mike Rogers, a creative partner at German healthcare marketing firm Serviceplan Health & Life, will serve as the 2017 health and wellness jury president.
4. Three lawmakers asked HHS Secretary Tom Price to fast-track importing prescription drugs from Canada, saying he already has the authority to do so. Drugmakers criticized the request. (Modern Healthcare)
5. Roche is preparing for biosimilar competition in Europe for two cancer drugs, Rituxan and Herceptin. The European Medicines Agency is expected to approve biosimilar versions of the drugs in the next few months. (Reuters)