1. Express Scripts removed 64 branded drugs from its 2018 formulary. The PBM will exclude Amgen’s Neupogen in favor of Novartis biosimilar Zarxio and Eli Lilly’s osteoporosis drug Forteo in favor of newcomer Tymlos. (BioPharmaDIVE)
2. While the market for wearables may have lost its momentum, some analysts say there is opportunity for devices that address specific unmet needs. (CNBC)
3. The FDA has accepted Teva Pharmaceutical Industries’ and Celltrion’s biosimilars of Roche’s breast- and stomach-cancer treatment Herceptin for review. The FDA is expected to make a decision on the drugs in the first half of 2018. (Reuters)
4. One in five patients taking a statin said they suffered from a side effect of some kind, usually a muscle ache. (WSJ)
5. Bristol-Myers Squibb and Clovis Oncology announced a partnership to develop a combination of Opdivo and Rubraca in late-stage trials for advanced ovarian and breast cancers. (MarketWatch)
Correction: An earlier versions of this article misstated Tymlos’ manufacturer.