1. OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals’ experimental drug for advanced prostate cancer failed to show improvement in survival among patients in a late-stage study. The drugmaker is looking for alternative uses for the drug, which is called custirsen. (Reuters)
2. Aetna will stop offering plans on health exchanges in 11 of 15 states, in response to losses of more than $430 million since January 2014, according to the insurer’s chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini. (WSJ)
3. Pregnant women who use pain relief medications like acetaminophen have a higher risk of exposing their children to behavioral issues such as hyperactivity and conduct problems, a new study found. (International Business Times)
4. Thirty businesses in Maryland received approval to legally grow and process marijuana for medical use. Some of the companies have political ties, including Doctor’s Orders. (The Washington Post)
5. HealthPrize Technologies partnered with Walgreens to make available HealthPrize’s medication adherence platform on the drugstore chain’s website. The platform is expected to go live in the next month.