1. WebMD has reportedly laid off about 10% of its 1,700 employees. The media giant was acquired by private-equity firm KKR for $2.8 billion in March. (FOLIO)
2. Roche filed a patent lawsuit to block the launch of Pfizer’s biosimilar of its breast-cancer drug Herceptin. In the suit, Roche claims that the biosimilar would infringe upon 40 patents if it came to market in the U.S. (Bloomberg)
3. Collegium Pharmaceutical inked deals with insurers Cigna, Humana, and Navitus to cover its long-acting opioid Xtampza over Purdue Pharma’s OxyContin. (STAT)
4. AmerisourceBergen agreed to pay $625 million to settle a government probe of its pre-filled syringe program. In a court document, the company acknowledged that some packaged syringes filled with a cancer drug were not properly registered with the FDA. (Reuters)
5. Allergan’s women’s-health business unit has reportedly drawn interest from Impax Laboratories. RBC Capital Markets analyst Randall Stanicky believes the unit could fetch $6 billion in a sale. (Fierce Pharma)
Correction: An earlier version of this article misstated the reported estimate for the number of layoffs at WebMD.