What innovation has the most potential for disruption along the patient journey, and at which stage?
The patient experience is never a straight path. Each journey is uniquely driven by the patient’s personal goals. Real innovation demands that patients be enabled through information to prepare them in engaging with their own self-care. Providing patients the opportunity to see correlations between all aspects of their journey to build a healthy story can potentially improve patient care between patients and physicians.
Grace Soyao, founder and CEO, Self Care Catalysts
Address: 101 College St., MaRS Centre, South Tower, Suite 200, Toronto, Canada M5G 1L7
Email: [email protected]
Year Founded: 2010
Holding Company: Self Care Catalysts
Sample Clients: Gilead, Shire, Novartis, Ipsen, Lundbeck, Roche
New Business Contact: Grace Soyao, [email protected]
Self Care Catalysts is a patient marketing communications solutions, intelligence, and analytics company. With experience in primary patient market research in more than 30 therapeutic areas, and in collaboration with more than 10 leading patient organizations, Self Care Catalysts developed a self-care and disease-management tool with patients to empower them to track their health outside the clinical setting. Analysis of collected real-world, real-time data is used to understand patient behavior and uncover the true voice of the patient to provide actionable insights and support business decisions across the pharma product lifecycle.
SERVICES AND OFFERINGS
The Patient Decision Making Framework is an analytical tool developed by Self Care Catalysts at the core of its services. Developed to extract de-identified data and aggregate patient stories, the PDMF effectively captures the singularity of each condition as it maps the patient journey with a granularity unique to Self Care Catalysts. Using Health Storylines, an end-to-end solution, and data from Patient Storylines, the PDMF crafts the journey based on real-world evidence.
Health Storylines is a customizable mobile and Web-based application that is used by patients to manage their health outside clinical environments. Health Storylines can be used as a:
• Digital Patient Support Tool — value add solution for patient-support programs
• Direct Patient Communications Channel — deliver branded or unbranded messaging (videos, educational content, push notifications, email)
• Market Research Tool — patient journaling, customs surveys, medication adherence
• Clinical Research Trial Data Collection System — collect patient-reported outcomes
Patient Storylines is the data analytics platform behind Health Storylines. It is used to understand de-identified or aggregated patient behavior in real-world environments. Patient Storylines analyzes data from Health Storylines as well as online social media conversations to enable users to understand more about:
• Patient Adherence/Medication Usage — specifically the reasons behind patient non-adherence and the factors that influence (non)adherence
• Patient Treatment Journey — topics of interest at each stage of the patient journey
• Patient Personas — for the development of targeted patient communications campaigns
• Patient Brand Perception and Relationship — for brand strategy development and healthcare professional communications
Self Care Research and Consulting — Self Care Catalysts also offers qualitative and quantitative primary market research and has experience working with six pharmaceutical companies to conduct patient market research in more than 30 therapeutic areas (including oncology and rare diseases) and five countries.