Best Use of Public Relations: 2014
FleishmanHillard and AbbVie
Uncover Your Confidence: AbbVie & Stacy London Empower People Living with Psoriasis
A partnership with style expert and co-host of TLC's What Not to Wear Stacy London helped AbbVie engage psoriasis patients through motivational and relevant lifestyle content.
One judge called the campaign “truly inspirational,” noting that it “addresses the major issues related to psoriasis—stigma and apathy.”
London's personal experience with psoriasis and her philosophy of building self-esteem through individual style clearly resonated with patients. Her popularity as a style and fashion expert served as a nice news hook, especially for media outlets that don't typically cover the disease.
“This is a creative campaign,” a second judge said. “The choice of Stacy London as ambassador feels authentic.” UncoverYourConfidence.com provided psoriasis-oriented style advice, disease education materials and more. Additional elements included videos of psoriasis patients sharing stories, videos of London sharing her story, and “Ask Stacy” videos in which London answered questions about psoriasis. A custom tab on AbbVie's psoriasisSPEAKS Facebook page featured related posts and links to campaign assets.
Results for an eight-month period include more than 228 million traditional media impressions; nearly 10 million social media impressions; more than 15,000 website visits; and more than 1,500 searches on a dermatologist finder tool. The videos had an impressive 75% completion rate.
Ruder Finn, Inc. and Novartis Vaccines
Protecting Our Tomorrows: Portraits of Meningococcal Disease
Gorgeous photos of meningococcal disease survivors shot by Anne Geddes helped stress the importance of vaccination.
Results included more than 130 million traditional and social media impressions worldwide.
“Possibly the best campaign in the category—it really reshapes the view of meningococcal disease,” one judge said.
• FleishmanHillard and AbbVie for Uncover Your Confidence: AbbVie & Stacy London Empower People Living With Psoriasis
• Hill+Knowlton Strategies and Aflac for Educating Americans about Consumer-Driven Healthcare
• Makovsky and Duchesnay USA for Introducing Diclegis: Overcoming an Unfortunate Legacy to Begin a New Dawn for Morning Sickness
• PadillaCRT and Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR) for 12 Days of Cheer for Children Sparks Locally, Spreads Nationally
• Ruder Finn, Inc. and Novartis Vaccines for Protecting Our Tomorrows: Portraits of Meningococcal Disease