Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, September 13, 2017
1. The FDA closed a loophole that allowed drugmakers to avoid a mandate to study their products in children. (RAPS)
2. There is little evidence that outcomes-based pricing contracts are bringing down drug prices. Such contracts have been cited by industry groups as a potential way to lower drug prices. (WSJ)
3. Pharmacy benefit managers are lobbying heavily against state legislation that would require the disclosure of discounts they negotiated with drugmakers. (Bloomberg)
4. Biogen named Sanjay Jariwala as SVP, worldwide medical. Jariwala previously worked at AstraZeneca.
5. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is limiting employees' communication with the press, according to an internal email. The message says that all interview requests, and even basic data requests, must be cleared by the agency's communications team. (Axios)