Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
1. Medical aesthetics company Evolus filed a $75 million IPO. It is preparing to launch a biosimilar version of Allergan's wrinkle-reducer Botox. (Endpoints News)
2. Allergan CEO Brent Saunders and other senior executives from large pharmaceutical companies expect President Trump's tax bill to spur major acquisitions in 2018. (Reuters)
3. Johnson & Johnson and Bayer won a $27.8 million reversal verdict on a lawsuit involving blood thinner Xarelto, which an Indiana couple claimed was causing internal bleeding without warning. (Reuters)
4. Digital therapeutics company Blue Mesa Health launched Spanish-language diabetes program Transformemos in conjunction with Solera Health. Blue Mesa was a finalist in the 2016 MM&M Shark Tank challenge.
5. Insurance company Aflac unveiled a robotic duck developed by health startup Sproutel as a companion and educational tool for children with cancer. Sproutel first developed a robotic teddy bear as a companion for pediatric diabetes patients.