Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
1. Pfizer increased the price of 91 drugs, including Viagra and nerve pain medication Lyrica, by an average of 20% in 2017 to date. (Financial Times)
2. Perrigo CEO John Hendrickson is retiring, and the company said it is searching for his replacement. Hendrickson is expected to stay in his role up to two months after his successor is on board to facilitate the transition. (WSJ)
3. MannKind is sponsoring a reality TV show to promote Afrezza, an inhalable form of insulin. (Stat)
4. Facebook is hosting a health summit for over-the-counter pharmaceutical marketers and agencies this morning. Executives are expected to discuss mobile advertising, including creative, measurement, and video, according to a Facebook spokesperson.
5. Roche's combination treatment of Herceptin and Perjeta did not significantly slow the risk of breast cancer, compared to patients taking Herceptin alone, a three-year clinical trial of 5,000 patients with HER2-positive, early-stage breast cancer found. (Reuters)