Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
1. Biotech Revance Therapeutics' experimental wrinkle treatment RT002 reduced frown lines for up to six months in two Phase-III trials. The injectable botulinum toxin is set to challenge Allergan's Botox, which lasts up to four months. (Endpoints News)
2. Private equity firms and venture capitalists are increasingly investing in the fertility industry, funding clinics and targeting women in their 20s. (Stat)
3. Only 17% of 1,346 websites that showed up in Google and Bing search results for hip replacement, cholesterol tests, and other medical procedures provided relevant price information about the services in eight U.S. cities, a new study found. (Reuters)
4. Omnicom agency Biolumina appointed Diane Iler-Smith as its new SVP and executive creative director. Iler-Smith was most recently chief creative officer at Ogilvy Healthworld.
5. Health startup Circulation has partnered with Lyft to offer patients non-emergency transportation to more than 1,000 healthcare facilities in the U.S. The company continues to partner with Uber as well.