The Patient Journey 2016: Rx EDGE Pharmacy Networks
What innovation has the most potential for disruption along the patient journey, and at which stage?
For examples of disruption, look no further than the community pharmacy. Innovations in the pharmacy landscape are changing cunsumers' perceptions about where, how, and by whom healthcare should be delivered — at every stage along the patient journey. Non-acute care is one of the fastest-growing segments in the retail clinics located in many pharmacies. Most pharmacists have gone from being supporting players to taking on leading roles in counseling and care. Pharmacies have become platforms for healthcare education delivery. These strategies represent a new dynamic in patient engagement that shows no sign of slowing down.
Jim O'Dea, president and CEO, Rx EDGE Pharmacy Networks
Address: 111 Water St., East Dundee, IL 60118
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Year Founded: 2000
Division of: LeveragePoint Media
Sample Clients: Merck, Pfizer, Allergan, Takeda, Novo Nordisk, Genentech, Mylan, Lilly
New Business Contact: Michael Byrnes, EVP, sales, 610-431-7606, email@example.com
Since our inception, in 2000, pharmaceutical marketers have counted on Rx EDGE to help them acquire and educate new patients while increasing brand awareness. We achieve these goals by delivering health information through our Solutions at the Shelf programs, available in more than 30,000 retail pharmacies including chain drugstores, mass merchants, supermarkets, and independents. The Rx EDGE network represents 70% of retail prescription volume. This large and diverse network allows brands to execute programs in the geographic markets that fit their strategy and utilize appropriate sections of the store to reach their prospective patients.
We recognize that the pharmacy channel is not only a growing healthcare destination, but it is also an extraordinarily effective media platform. Through our work with over 150 pharmaceutical brands in 74 therapeutic categories encompassing more than 62 manufacturers, we have gained a wealth of knowledge about targeting, messaging, measurement, and design. We leverage these insights to create marketing programs that have a quantifiable impact on prescription sales.
SERVICES AND OFFERINGS
Rx EDGE generates measurable results, achieving an average prescription sales volume increase of 9.8% and an ROI exceeding $5.00.
In the Solutions at the Shelf program, prominent information dispensers are placed at the shelf in targeted health and personal care sections of the retail pharmacy:
• Take-one booklets deliver product information, doctor–patient discussion guides, savings offers, and disease education materials.
• Available in multiweek cycles throughout the year in a network comprised of top Rx retailers including Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid as well as supermarket and mass merchant pharmacies.
• Quantitative impact on prescription volume is measured through matched-panel research methodology using test and control panels.
• Comprehensive art and design services are offered.
• Insight EDGE: Portfolio of demographic and geographic targeting resources that insure that the optimal audience is reached.
• Delivery of consumer marketing and patient education programs in a network of more than 30,000 retail pharmacies.
• Program performance metrics through matched panel Experimental Design studies.
• Development of the retail store list and selection of the appropriate store section through the Insight EDGE system of data resources.
• Art and design services.
• Insights related to pharmacy channel: pharmacy's role in healthcare delivery, trends in OTC and personal care sections, and value as a media platform.