Mikki Nasch is cofounder and VP of business development at Evidation Health.

What’s one big thing people don’t realize about your job?

What people don’t always know is we collaborate with multiple therapeutic areas and departments within pharmaceutical companies, from early pipeline to life cycle management, because everyone needs to better understand patient behavior.

It makes what we do broadly applicable across nearly every health and wellness area.

What are the benefits of working remotely or telecommuting?

Travel makes up about 70% of my work life, so it is really wonderful to work from home the remaining 30%.

I find it productive as well as relaxing.

How do you explain what you do to people outside of the industry?

I tell them we use consumer-generated data for good, targeting the right message to the right place at the right time to unlock insights into what medicines and treatments work best and spot changes in health earlier.

What would people find most surprising about where you work?

More than 2 million users can participate in studies that further our understanding of human health.

We never collect data without an individual’s permission and obtain approval every time we use self-provided data.

Average wake-up time on a weekday

I’m typically up by 6 a.m. and read Flipboard first thing.

If you weren’t working in this field, you’d be

Teaching healthcare at a college or university.

Book you’re in the middle of

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon, author of the Outlander series.

Biggest career lesson

Don’t believe the naysayers if you truly believe in what you are doing.

Best tip for keeping your work life and life at home manageable

One full electronics-free day a week.