More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, Novartis, Boehringer Ingelheim, Elsevier
- Business Briefs: inVentiv; Mylan; Royalty Pharma; Pfizer; Edelman
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
A New England Journal of Medicine study found Zetia uptake rose much more quickly after introduction in the US than in Canada, and suggested DTC was the main culprit. “Despite the absence of data regarding clinical outcomes, ezetimibe was heavily promoted,” the study's authors wrote, citing Nielsen numbers showing that more than $200 million was spent advertising Vytorin to US consumers in 2007, while consumer ads are prohibited in Canada.