More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, Novartis, Boehringer Ingelheim, Elsevier
- Business Briefs: inVentiv; Mylan; Royalty Pharma; Pfizer; Edelman
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
Millennium Pharmaceuticals received FDA approval to market Velcade for the treatment of patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) who have received at least one prior therapy. MCL is a relatively uncommon and aggressive form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for which there was no standard of care in the relapsed or refractory setting. MCL has a US prevalence of 10,000 patients. Velcade is currently the market leader in multiple myeloma for patients who have received one prior therapy.