Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, March 22, 2016
1. Apple launched new software called the CareKit, which will allow patients to share data with researchers. CareKit is a part of Apple's open source framework ResearchKit, which allows users to develop applications for medical research. There are four components to CareKit: a symptom and measurement tracker, an insight dashboard, and a “Connect” tool to encourage sharing of information. (Fast Company)
2. Anthem is suing Express Scripts, alleging that it is overpaying for pharmaceuticals and Express Scripts is not negotiating in good faith. Anthem wants to alter its existing deal with the PBM. (AP)
3. Sanofi is planning to move its headquarters out of Paris, unnamed sources told Bloomberg. The company will likely to move to Gentilly, a town in the suburbs, where it already has offices. (Bloomberg)
4. Amgen's and UCB's investigational antibody for men with osteoporosis, romosozumab, hit its primary endpoints in trials — the drug increased bone mineral density when compared to placebo. The drug is expected to compete with Eli Lilly's Forteo. Forteo's patent expires soon.
5. Valeant's bankers have asked lenders what they want to avoid a default — the result of its delayed earnings filing. Valeant was required to file its annual report before Wednesday to avoid a default under its credit agreement. The drugmaker did not file the report. (Bloomberg)