The idea is that each gets some of what it needs. Payers gain some control over cost, and pharma may get to stay on formulary.
But have pharma and payers learned enough from earlier pilots to make modern risk-sharing deals work?
When drug costs started to soar, PBMs turned to formulary exclusions — and the industry is still feeling the pinch.
- Study: One-third of docs trust pharma content on HCP sites
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, May 22, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, May 19, 2017
Live at MM&M Transforming Healthcare
In his keynote address at the MM&M Transforming Healthcare conference, Dr. Gautam Gulati says the industry is being outpaced by its innovation.
One executive referred to AI as a "black box" and as the "Tower of Babel."
Execs stressed the importance of collaboration, consumer-mindedness.
The artificial pancreas can provide value to the health system.
MM&M honors 40 upstarts and veteran innovation gurus.
For the first time MM&M honors a group of 10 agency execs.