Heather Bresch's appearance at industry summit came after she declined to attend a congressional hearing scheduled for the same day.
J&J in talks to buy Actelion; Novo Nordisk pulls ads on Breitbart News; Takeda to market Ninlaro in Europe
There's a reason pharma lags on the programmatic adoption curve: It's a heavily regulated industry, and there are concerns around privacy.
The programmatic advertising technology company also hired Chris Neuner as SVP and GM of digital health.
Here are six campaigns that connect with the patient on a personal level.
With about 70 million users in six million health-related groups, drugmakers have tremendous opportunity to reach key audiences on Facebook. Here's how.
With lawmakers, patients, and physicians crying foul over pricing, drugmakers are trying to shift the narrative — with mixed results. Can a new focus on storytelling help?
The partnership allows Sermo to expand the reach of its research initiatives and Everyday Health to scale its targeted advertising on the social platform.
With a product approved for both major depressive disorder and schizophrenia, the companies decided to create a campaign that provided cohesion and brand recognition across disease states.
In just six weeks, more than 50% of blood thinner Pradaxa's target audience had become aware of the Redfish campaign.
Did you know that Norman Rockwell was a medical illustrator for Merck?
Given its modern-day ubiquity, it's easy to forget that pharma DTC didn't exist until the 1980s rolled around.
The agency's ambitions were fueled in part by external criticism. The barbs that stung most sharply were ones suggesting a certain indifference on the FDA's part.
A new report analyzing gender parity in advertising found that men tend to endorse other men at higher rates than women. Execs share their insights about the issue.
Anthem and Cigna accuse each other of violating merger terms; Alzheimer's experimental drug fails late-stage study; study calls for new approach to eradicate global epidemics
The science behind new diabetes drugs underscores how far we've come from the days of purified pork insulin. Even so, most ads stick to traditional copy.
Patients who ask for a prescription after seeing an ad are more likely to get one; Mylan's executive pay is now under scrutiny
The latest TV campaign from Mars features a woman with cerebral palsy joking about her love life.
Shire hires Jennifer Aniston for a disease awareness campaign; critics argue that the direct-to-consumer ads for Opdivo are misleading, while Merck's Keytruda takes the lead in first-line cancer
In 2011 the drugmaker spent $9.4 million on branded ads for the EpiPen. By 2015, branded ad spending hit $43 million.
The companies said they are also exploring opportunities to allow Cleveland Clinic experts to contribute to Verywell in the future.
By focusing on accomplished people, the campaign is meant to show that addiction isn't a moral failing, but a physical condition that requires medical help.
McCann Health, the 2016 Lions Health Network of the Year, and Campaign invited top marketers and visionary artists to discuss creativity during this year's Lions Health festival.
The key to a successful ad? Think simple with an unexpected twist.
Now that it has consolidated its global agency roster, GSK Consumer Healthcare aims to increase digital marketing efforts.
One oft-cited challenge to Entresto's adoption has been prior authorization requirements.
Scheiner has held jobs in and out of healthcare over the course of his career.
Globally, digital ad spend this year is expected to grow by 12.6% to $176.7 billion, accounting for 32% of all ad spend.
Healthcare marketing is evolving more rapidly than ever before — and not surprisingly, the demand for smarter media campaign measurement is increasing as a result.
U.S. cancer centers triple spending on advertising; study finds patient choice can reduce side effects; the FDA approves Shire's dry-eye drug
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.